Employment and Educational History
- Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice - Laramie Wyoming - 2007-Present
- Coordinator of Autism Projects - Wyoming Institute for Disabilities - University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, Laramie Wyoming 2008-2009
- Assistant Professor of Psychology Oklahoma State University Stillwater, Oklahoma - 2002-2007
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Developmental Psychobiology Research Group 2000-2002
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado Postdoctoral Clinical Fellow
- JFK Partners, University Affiliated Program 1999-2000
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado - Psychology Intern, Child Development & Rehabilitation Center - 1998-1999
- Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon - Doctor of Philosophy
- University of Kentucky - Lexington - 1995-1999
- APA Approved Clinical Psychology Program Master of Arts, University of Kentucky - Lexington 1993-1995
- APA Approved Clinical Psychology Program Bachelor of Arts, University of Colorado-Boulder Major: Psychology 1986-1990
- Licensed Psychologist in the State of Oklahoma 2004 - 2009 (#965)
- Licensed Psychologist in the State of Wyoming as of August 29, 2007 (#448)
- Stillwater Public Schools, Stillwater Oklahoma, 2006-2007
- Consultant: Assessed learning and behavior concerns and provided consultation to staff on inclusion of children with autism spectrum disorders.Clinical Supervision, Clinical Psychology Training Program, Oklahoma State University, 2002 - 2007
- Supervised intervention and assessment of children, adolescents, and young adults.The University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, 1999-2002
- Post Doctoral Fellow: Provided outpatient therapy and assessments for children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disorders. Oregon Health Sciences University, Child Development & Rehabilitation Center, 1998-1999
- Internship: Provided outpatient therapy and assessments for children and adults.University of Kentucky, Jesse G. Harris Psychological Services Center, 1992-1997
- Outpatient Therapist: Provided outpatient therapy, assessments and social skills training.Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Attention Deficit Disorder Program, 1990-1992
- Provided day treatment services for children with behavior and learning disorders during two summer treatment protrams and one school year program.
Presentations and Workshops
- Scambler, D.J. (2012) Supports for High School Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Niobrara County School District #1, August, 2012.
- Cowper, J., Moore, K., Scambler, D. J., & Wodahl, S. (2009). Communication and Social Strategies for Students on the Autism Spectrum. Wyoming Department of Education Wyoming Special Education Leadership Symposium, July, 2009.